If you have plans of travelling from Nigeria to Cyprus, you will need to know How to Apply for Cyprus Visa in Nigeria: Requirement, Types and documents, and that is exactly what this article will help you know.
As one of the ancient countries on the Mediterranean, Cyprus is an island country located in Europe but is divided into two. One is the Independent Republish of Cyprus while the other is the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. Apart from the native languages which are Turkish and Greek, English is also used in this country especially by immigrants.
Cyprus also boasts of major historical tourist attraction sites. Overtime, people visit this country for various purposes, some for tourist purposes, some for business purposes, others for studying in one of their universities or for vacation in its capital city, Nicosia.
Types of Cyprus Visa
You might need a Cyprus visa for several reasons. Whatever your reasons are, they would enable you determine what type of visa to apply for. There are two major types of Cyprus visas and they include the short stay and the Long stay visa. The time span of the short visa is three months. Any stay that would exceed 3 months would be classified as Long stay. There are other different types of Cyprus visas under these 2 categories and they include:
If you have to pass through the territory of the Republic of Cyprus while travelling from one country to another country, then this visa is meant for you. This visa may be issued for just one transit, or exceptionally for various transits.The time span of each transit case should not be more than five days.
Airport Transit Visa (ATV)
The Airport transit visa is specifically for people who are not allowed to enter the national territory of Cyprus during a stop-over or transfer between two stages of an international flight while passing through the international transit area of Cypriot airports.
This type of Cyprus visa is affixed to a group passport and can only be granted to groups of between five and fifty persons. The visa also has a validity of 30 days and is issued on the basis that the members of the group would enter Cyprus together, stay there and leave as a group.
Cyprus Visa Requirements
- A Nigerian passport which is valid (not expired). It should have at least 6 months before expiration
- Evidence of financial ability
- Cyprus Visa application form that has been carefully filled and signed by you.
- Letter of invitation from sponsor.
- An official letter addressed to the Cyprus Consulate from employer with evidence of wages. This is for those seeking employment in Cyprus.
- An original letter from applicant’s institution addressed to the Cyprus Consulate confirming status/attendance and duration of the course studies.
- A confirmation of applicant’s Hotel reservation
- Photocopies of bank statement not due than 3 months.
- Your Application fee.
Cyprus Visa Application
Take a moment of your time to know what type of visa you are applying for before commencing the application process .
Follow the steps on how to apply for a Cyprus visa below:
Steps to apply for a Cyprus Visa
- Download the visa application form
- Carefully fill the form correctly
- Book an appointment online (Failure to book an appointment might reduce chances of getting attended to).
- Arrange all required documents that supports your reason for travelling
- Go for the scheduled appointment
- Pay the visa processing fee.
How to Schedule a Cyprus Visa Appointment
The Cyprus visa appointment can be scheduled online via the Visa application centre website or by putting a call through a visa application centre.
How and Where to Pay Cyprus Visa Fees
Cyprus visa processing fees can be paid in cash to the visa application centre. The visa application is incomplete without the payment of the processing fee. It is important that the cost of the Cyprus visa processing fee is usually decided by the Cyprus embassy and is not a constant amount.
How to Submit Cyprus Visa
Applicants are to submit their application and all other supporting documents at the Consular Office of the Cyprus Embassy. This should be done at least 3 weeks to the applicant’s intended date of travel.
Cyprus Visa Processing Time
Generally, Cyprus visas are ready in 24 hours. On some special occasions, visa processing times might take as long as 10 days.
How to Collect Cyprus Visa Application
The passport can be collected by the applicant or by an authorized third party who has an authorized letter.
If the applicant is rejected, the applicant can reapply for a Cyprus visa after 3 months.
Although, medical insurance isn’t part of the requirements to complete the visa application, you must make sure that all your documents you want to submit are valid. This would ensure that the processing of the visa is fast and not delayed.
To get the Cyprus visa application form, you can easily download it online. Scheduling for Cyprus visa appointment can also be done using the visa application centre website. If you can’t use the portal, you can also place a call to the centre agents.
The visa application won’t be complete if the Cyprus visa processing fees isn’t paid. Since the cost isn’t static, we can’t dish that information out. But note that you would have to pay in cash at the visa application centre. Normally, the processing time for the visa is 24 hours. Sometimes it takes up to 10 days to process the visa depending on the issue.
If you are rejected, you would have to wait for 3 months before you reapply again. To collect your Cyprus visa application, you can either do it yourself or send another with an authorized letter from you. All applications are to be submitted at the consulate’s office in the Cyprus embassy.
How to Contact Cyprus Embassy in Nigeria
Cyprus Embassy, Abuja address:
Leventis Close, Central Business District Abuja.
Cyprus Cypriot Honorary Consulate in Lagos:
Address: A. G. Leventis Building, 2 Wharf Road, Apapa, Lagos.
Telephone numbers:+234-812-899-0025, +234-709-821-3066
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- How to Apply for Dubai Visa from Nigeria 2018 | Application Guidelines, Types, Cost and Requirement
- How much is UK Visa Fee in Nigeria 2018/2019
- How Much Is Nigerian International Passport 2018?: Cost and Renewal
- Methods of Applying for Nigerian International Passport: Cost & Renewal
- Contact Details of Ukraine Embassy in Nigeria: Office Address, Email and Phone numbers