How to Open Paypal Account in Nigeria
- Visit Paypal website on paypal.com
- On the website, go to “Menu”.-Menu is located at the top left corner of the website.
- Click on “Sign up” located below “Personal”
- Fill the form
- Click “Continue” to load the second page of the form.
- On the second form page, you will be required to fill in your personal information. Ensure that your Street Address 1 is the same as the address you used when opening the local bank account of the ATM card you will be linking with Paypal account. You don’t have need to fill Street Address 2
- Click on the “Agree and Continue” button to create your new Paypal account.
How to Verify Your Nigeria Paypal Account
After creating your Paypal account, it doesn’t just end there. You would have to verify the account. Verifying the paypal account literally means, connecting your local bank account to the paypal account and secondly, verifying your paypal account is another way paypal uses to ensure that you have been confirmed as the true owner of the bank account you are linking to your newly created paypal account. (Ask questions in the comment box if it seems confusing).
On the process of registering your new paypal account, a link will be sent to your mail box where you would have to activate your account through the link. That will lead you to the linking process, where you can either use your Nigerian MasterCard or VisaCard.
Steps on How to Link Your Nigeria MasterCard or VisaCard to Your Paypal Account
- In the mail box you used in creating your Paypal account, locate the email sent from Paypal.
- Click “Activate My Account” to activate your account. This will take you to your Paypal account.
- Click on “Get Verified” button.
- Locate “Link a Card” and click on it.
- Fill in your MasterCard or VisaCard information and click “Save”. $1.95 will be deducted from your local bank account once you click on save. The money will be funded to your bank account within hours. Deduction of the money is to verify your ownership of your MasterCard. This will also create a unique 4-digit code which you will use to confirm the card.
- You will have to login to your Paypal account after you have received the 4-digit code from your bank, and click “Confirm Credit Card”. Put in the code you received from your bank and click “Continue”. The code is the 4-digit number that comes after PP* in the message you received from your bank.
How to Fund Your Nigeria Paypal Account
Now that your paypal account has been link to your local bank account, you are now free to make transactions using your paypal.
Some years ago, Nigeria was enlisted on the blacklist of countries who are not allowed to receive funds from other international countries. Now, the good news is that Nigeria has been taken off from the blacklist and the condition has been lifted. In other words, you can now receive funds as a Nigerian from other international countries through paypal. (Lightup Info will publish a post on that very soon.)
Funds will be deducted from your local bank account whenever you make an online payment with your Nigeria Paypal account.
To fund your paypal account is to simply fund your local bank account. You don’t fund your paypal account. There is no option for that. Once there are funds in your bank account, your paypal transactions will be successful.
- Steps On How To Verify A Nigerian Bank Account Number (NUBAN)
- Step by Step Procedure on How To Register, Activate And Use VoguePay
- Code to transfer cash from Access Bank to any bank in Nigeria
- How To Buy Airtime Directly From Your Bank Account: See Codes for All Banks in Nigeria
- How To Send Customized Bulk SMS In Nigeria.
- Step By Step Procedure on How To Setup Gtbank Cardless Withdrawal
- Steps on How to Check BVN Offline For all Nigerian Banks (Code For All Banks & Networks)
- How to Register First Bank Internet & Mobile Banking