This article is specifically written to feed readers wit the full List of All African Countries and Their Capitals which is arranged in an alphabetical order for more clarity. Here you would also see the estimated total population of the people living in the African continent and facts about African countries.
Africa has a total number of countries to be 55. Being the second largest continent in the world in terms of land mass and population, measuring about 11.7 million square miles in territorial space which also has upto 1.1 billion people (citizens) in it is surrounded by water from all directions with clearly defined borders and it’s map is regarded as the most beautiful map because of it’s shape.
Here are the list of seas/oceans that surround and differentiate the borders of the map of Africa completely from other continents of the world:
- The Mediterranean Sea
- The Suez Canal
- The Red Sea
- The Indian Ocean and,
- The Atlantic Ocean.
As said earlier, Africa has a total of 55 countries and these countries which were formally ruled and controlled by their colonial masters (Like European countries, United States of America and others) but are now independent and have their sovereign states.
Additionally, African Union has played important role in uniting all the nations in Africa.
Some Facts About African Countries
1. Algeria is the biggest country in Africa in terms of land mass. Occupying about 7% of the African continent.
2. Seychelles is the smallest country in Africa in terms of land mass.
3. Nigeria is the most populous black nation in the continent of Africa.
4. The largest city in Africa in terms of population and size is Lagos in Nigeria.
5. Civilization started in Egypt.
List of All African Countries and Their Capitals
- Algeria – Algiers
- Angola – Luanda
- Benin – Porto-Novo
- Botswana – Gaborone
- Burkina Faso – Ouagadougou
- Burundi – Bujumbura
- Cameroon – Yaounde
- The Republic of Cabo Verde – Praia
- The Central African Republic – Bangui
- Chad – N’Djamena
- Comoros – Moroni
- Democratic Republic of Congo – Kinshasa
- Republic of Congo – Brazzaville
- Cote d’Ivoire – Yamoussoukro
- Djibouti – Djibouti
- Egypt – Cairo
- Equatorial Guinea – Malabo
- Eritrea – Asmara
- Ethiopia – Addis Ababa
- Gabon – Libreville
- Gambia – Banjul
- Ghana – Accra
- Guinea – Conakry
- Guinea-Bissau – Bissau
- Kenya – Nairobi
- Lesotho – Maseru
- Liberia – Monrovia
- Libya – Tripoli
- Madagascar – Antananarivo
- Malawi – Lilongwe
- Mali – Bamako
- Mauritania – Nouakchott
- Mauritius – Port Louis
- Morocco – Rabat
- Mozambique – Maputo
- Namibia – Windhoek
- Niger – Niamey
- Nigeria – Abuja
- Rwanda – Kigali
- Republic Arab Saharawi Democratic – Aauin
- Sao Tome and Principe – Sao Tome
- Senegal – Dakar
- Seychelles – Victoria
- Sierra Leone – Freetown
- Somalia – Mogadishu
- South Africa – Pretoria (Executive), Bloemfontein (Judicial), CapeTown (Legislative)
- South Sudan – Juba
- Sudan – Khartoum
- Swaziland – Lobamba (royal and legislative) Mbabane (Administrative)
- Tanzania – Dar es Salaam (Traditional capital) Dodoma (Location of legislature)
- Togo – Lomé
- Tunisia – Tunis
- Uganda – Kampala
- Zambia – Lusaka
- Zimbabwe – Harare
- List of Different Currencies of all African Countries
- How Many Countries Are There in Europe?
- Complete List of All the Countries in the World and their Respective Capitals
- Nigerian States and their Postal/Zip codes
- Top 30 Tourist Attractions In Nigeria
- Top 10 Fastest Cars in the World in 2018
- List of All Ethnic Groups and Tribes in Nigeria (371 Tribes)