Are you in Nigeria, looking for an American university that doesn’t require you to write the GRE or GMAT before you are given admission?
This informative article will list such American universities where you can apply and study without GMAT or GRE.
First, I would like to tell you about GRE. The GRE is a standardized admissions test used to check the quality of applicants aspiring to study a postgraduate program abroad, mainly in the USA. Having a special focus on Science and Engineering, a good GRE score is considered extremely important in finding a place with a popular university.
But, were you aware that there are many top-class American universities that have done away with the need for students submitting a GRE score? Yes, it is possible to enroll in a postgraduate program in America without writing the GRE.
The detailed list provided below with the names of varied American universities where you can study specific MS program without submitting a GRE or GMAT score.
- Farleigh Dickinson University( in New Jersey)
- Monmouth University( in NJ)
- Montclair State University(NJ)
- The Richard Stockton College of NJ( in NJ)
- Rowan University(New Jersey)
- Wichita State University
- Kansas State University
- Virginia State University
- Rivier University
- San Jose University – Computer Science
- California State University – Channel Islands – Computer Science
- California State University – Northbridge – Computer Science
- Bridge Port University – Computer Science
- Wichita State University – Computer Science
- Boston University CIS (Master of Science in Computer Information Systems)
- Norwich University CIS (Master of Science in Information Security & Assurance)
- University of Cincinnati – Master of Health Informatics
- Florida International University for MS, PhD in Computer Science
- Villanova University for MS in Electrical Engineering
- University of Idaho for MS in Environmental science and Computer Engineering
- West Texas A&M University
- University of Florida for Arts Education
- George Mason University (for Master in Health Information Systems and Civil Engineering)
- University of Oklahoma – Some programs do not require GRE scores
- Oklahoma State University – Bio systems and Agricultural Engineering
- Washington State University – A few of MS programs
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln – A few of engineering programs
- University of Northern Virginia – Optional GRE for some programs
- New Mexico State University – Few MS programs have optional GRE
- University of Dayton – All Engineering programs MS and MEng
- University of New Mexico – Biomedical science
- Ohio University – MHA – Masters in Health Administration (GRE is waived if GPA is 3.2 or +)
- California State University, Sacramento – Civil Engineering
- Norwich University – Civil Engineering
- Iowa State University – Civil Engineering
- University of Minnesota – Civil Engineering
- University of Washington – Civil Engineering
The GMAT is an exam written by students aspiring to study a postgraduate business program in the U.S, mainly the MBA. Some universities that allow students to go for a postgraduate Business program without submitting GMAT scores are:
- DePaul University – IL Chicago
- University of Phoenix – online or in class
- Lake Forest College, found in state of Chicago
- Loyola University – Quinlan
- Boston University
- Villanova University
- Suffolk University – Sawyer Boston
Note: General admission requirements and course-specific entry requirements are likely to be changed at the discretion of the University. Hence, all prospective students are advised to consult the Admissions Group of the concerned University if GRE/GMAT scores are required or not.
So whether it is an MS, M.Tech or perhaps an MBA there are a range of leading universities that permit you to study a course of your choice without demanding GRE/GMAT scores. Given below are some other parameters, which universities use to judge student’s quality.
Some Universities choose to waive the GRE/GMAT score if the GPA of the student is above 3.3 out of 4.0 scale. Therefore, it pays to give more attention to your undergraduate degree and work toward achieving an excellent GPA.
Some Universities waive the GRE/GMAT off when you have relevant work-experience of 4 years or more which is closely related to the degree that you plan to study.
I hope you found this article useful? If there are other American Universities that you know will accept student’s admission without GRE/GMAT, please let your comments below.
- SCHOLARSHIP: Bach Khoa University Undergraduate Scholarships for Engineering Programs
- Postgraduate Current School Fees of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, 2018
- TOP BEST STATE UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA 2018
- List of Top Best Universities in Ghana
- List of Accredited Courses Offer in FUTO
- List of Accredited Courses Offered In UNILORIN
- Dominant MBA Schools In Nigeria
- List of Accredited Courses Offered in National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN)