You might be wondering how much are professors and lecturers paid for lecturing? This post gives a drop down of Monthly Earnings/Salaries of Nigerian Lecturers/Professors.
It is often said that the academic system is where the best profession lies. Truth be told, university lecturers and professors salaries in Nigeria aren’t that bad. Although you have to start as a graduate assistant before you attain such heights in education sector in Nigeria.
Below is a breakdown of Monthly Earnings/Salaries of Nigerian Lecturers/Professors
Salaries of Nigerian Lecturers
1. Lecturer II earns N137,459 to N164,970 monthly.
2. Lecturer I is paid N173,333 to N223,667 monthly.
3. Senior Lecturer earns N257,625 to N371,292 monthly.
4. Reader earns N314,018 to N417,062 monthly.
5. A Professors in Nigeria earns N381,695 to N501,680 monthly.
From the list above, you should be able to see that a Nigerian professor has the highest pay range far more than the rest. In Nigeria, only a few civil servants salary could match that. Its no surprise that graduates are struggling for lecturing jobs in Nigeria. Although, private universities pay higher than both state and federal universities.
This does not mean in anyway that lecturing job in Nigeria is that simple. The job requires passion, effort, sacrifice and discipline. Exception of the fact that professors are paid huge amount of salary, they still go sabbatical leave which allows them do per time contract job with other universities.
Always come back for more interesting and informative news on Lightupinfo
- List of School Fees Of All Nigerian Universities & Polytechnics in Nigeria
- Full List and Details of Private Universities in Nigeria
- Dominant MBA Schools In Nigeria
- JAMB Releases Cut-off Mark For Nigerian State Universities 2018
- NUC to approve 15 more university online learning centres
- Nigerian Defence Academy Courses, Departments, Requirements & Qualifications
- TOP BEST STATE UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA 2018
- List of Accredited Courses Offer in FUTO