Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has explained why his team lost against Tottenham in the Champions League on Wednesday.
The match ended 3-1 in favour of the Premier League side and the worst Champions League group-stage loss in nine years against Real.
Zidane maintained Real Madrid are not in crisis mode.
He said his team failed to win because they didn’t take their chances in front of goal.
Dele Alli scored twice and Christian Eriksen adding a third before Cristiano Ronaldo netted a consolation in the 80th minute.
Zidane told news conference, “We didn’t play a bad game, we had some chances and, as has been happening with us lately, we didn’t find the goal.
“We’re missing that calm that we’ve always had in front of goal. Sometimes you have two chances, you score two goals, but not today – we had chances and we didn’t take them.
“We’re not in crisis. I’m not worried and I won’t be for the rest of the year, whatever happens.
“Losing two games in a row can’t be good for us but we have three or four days to rest and then football continues. The analysis I can give today is that we lost to the better team.
“The dressing room can’t be happy or be in high spirits. This is a bad moment but we have to accept it. We must keep our heads up.
“We lost but it’s a long season. We congratulate the opposition and now we have to reflect. We’re all very disappointed.
“Maybe we’re not at our usual level. These things happen in football. It’s upside-down at the moment.”
- List of European Cup/UEFA Champions League Winners From 1955 to Date
- I nearly joined Real Madrid, Chelsea and Liverpool – Dani Alves
- Any team can beat Manchester City – Pep Guardiola
- Strategy for Winning Virtual Football Betting
- Best Football and Soccer Prediction Sites of The Year 2018/2019 (Guide On How to Predict Football Match Correctly)
- Top 10 Best Football and soccer Prediction Sites For Sure Winning
- Best Top 10 Soccer/Football Prediction Sites Today
- Full Squad and History of Golden Eaglets of Nigeria