National Youth Service Corps is very strict when it concerns their rules and guidelines of the registration process. Failure to follow the due process may cost you alot. It is to this regard that we write the Registration Requirements for New Corps Members in NYSC Camp to give you an ease and stress free NYSC registration. Keep reading while we uncover NYSC registration requirements.
Online Registration Requirements for NYSC
Below are the basic requirements for online registration for NYSC:
- Visit any of NYSC websites. For NYSC registration, visit www.nysc.org.ng For general information about NYSC, visit www.nysc.gov.ng
- A valid and working email address and phone number.
- Complete the registration by filling the NYSC registration form on their portal with your credentials.
- Complete registration as a locally-trained, graduate by providing your matriculation number for registration.
- Also as a foreign-trained graduate, your name should be shortlisted on the list of your accredited educational institution. And if you are not sure of your institution being accredited, you may check in with the Federal Ministry of Education. Ensure you upload your letter of verification during registration. Moreover, you will also have to upload: WASC (West African School Certificate) or OR GCE (General Certificate of Education) OR High School Diploma with at least five credits achieved in two sittings; A Higher National Diploma OR First Degree Certificate and its transcript; An international passport with the date of departure for your course of study. If you did your studies in a non-English speaking country, it is mandatory that you translate your documents (if the writings on them are not in English) before you upload them. For those who studied Veterinary Medicine, Optometry, Radiology, Medicine, Physiotherapy or Medical Laboratory Science, you are expected to provide a Certificate of Registration with your professional body.
Know that you do not have to verify your documents any longer at the NYSC headquarters in Abuja like before. You can simply do it at the orientation camp. And as a married woman, and you intend to register with NYSC, simply provide the followings;
a copy of your marriage certificate, a copy of certificate or letter that shows a change of name and your husband’s address, ₦3,000 to NYSC for printing of your call-up letter and incase you do not want to pay the fee, the you can optionally collect your call-up number and/or letter at your school.
The don’ts as an intending Corper:
- Do not showcase fake documents, you will be decamped and demobilized if caught.
- Do not register by proxy. You cannot even do that anyway.
- You shouldn’t apply as a pregnant woman or a nursing mother, please do not try because you will not be accommodated.
Items to go with to the NYSC Camp
On completing the NYSC registration procedure, there are few basic items you have to consider when in camp to aid your stay at the camp. Some of the items listed here will be provided for you at the camp but you will have to go with extra. Here are the items you should go with to the NYSC camp;
- White T-shirts with round necks
- A few pairs of white shorts
- White tennis shoes with plain white socks
- Mosquito net and bug sprays
- Waist pouch
- Appropriate medicine, if you any allergies.
- Bed linens
- Power bank. You’re not assured of steady electrical power supply.
If you find this article helpful, kindly subscribe to our email newsletter and push notification. Lets also read your view on this in the comment box below.
- List of the Best States for National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) In Nigeria 2018
- NYSC orientation course has been suspended in Benue
- Herdsmen killings: Parents, NYSC Corps members seek redeployment out of panic