This post contains the full guide and Steps on How to Check BVN Offline For all Nigerian Banks (Code For All Banks & Networks).
BVN is abbreviated as Bank Verification Number. BVN is an 11-digit number which was introduced to Nigeria’s banking system on the 14th of February 2014. It wasn’t popular across the country until late 2015 and early 2016 when the Federal Government made it compulsory for all and sundry who deals with banking and finance in the country.The federal government of Nigeria has ordered the ministry of finance to block any bank account that is not affiliated to a BVN.
The good view of this system is that all the banks in Nigeria accepted this monetary policy, which means that your Bank Verification Number together with your bank account details are visible to all banks in Nigeria.
The reason for the introduction of BVN by The Nigerian Government is to stop the increased rate of financial theft and fraudulent deals and acts in Nigeria. The newly introduced system will ensure transparency in the banking sector. It will also help in immediate and efficient provision of individuals’ bank data.
Steps on How to Register for BVN in Nigerian
To register for BVN in Nigeria, follow the simple outlined steps below:
- Order for BVN enrollment form from your respective banks
- Enter correctly all the information requested in the form before submitting the form.
- Wait till you present your Biometric data which include fingerprints and facial appearance to the officer in charge.
- Ensure that enrollment receipt is given to you before you step out of the bank. Enrollment receipt contains all the data you submitted in the enrollment form; date of registration and the bank’s name which you registered with.
- You will get a short message from the bank representative. This message contains your BVN details after 24hours.
How to Check BVN Offline With Mobile Phone
You can easily retrieve your BVN by simply using your mobile phone.
With the offline method, you can retrieve the BVN as long as the phone can send and receive messages.
Simply dial *565*0# on your mobile phone. It works on MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, ETISALAT (9mobile).
This in otherwords, means that irrespective of the mobile telecommunication company you are using, all you need to do is dial *565*0# to check your BVN with mobile devices using anysubscriber without internet.
For all GTB Customers you can easily dial *737*61# to check your own BVN offline.
Things You Need to Know about BVN and Your Bank Account
- Without BVN you can’t withdraw any amount of money from POS or ATM
- BVN registration can only be done in a day.
- A bank account can only have one BVN
- CBN endorsed the BVN policy
- BVN is not for individuals below 18 years of age.
Ensure you update your data at the where you register once there are changes in the data you give during your enrollment or registration.
- Code to transfer cash from Access Bank to any bank in Nigeria
- Step By Step Procedure on How To Setup Gtbank Cardless Withdrawal
- Easy Method on How to Open and Verify Nigerian PayPal Account in Minutes
- List of Top Micro-finance Banks in Nigeria
- Full List of All Diamond Bank Branches In Lagos and their Contact Addresses
- List of First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Branches in Lagos and Contact Addresses