In this article, you are going to learn How to Submit Website/Blog in Alexa 2018. Alexa is one of the best tools to find out the global and local rank of any website.
Other Alexa tools are;
- SEO Tools which includes – Keyword Difficult Tool, Competitor Keyword Matrix, On-Page SEO Checker, Competitor Backlink Checker, SEO Audit Tool.
- Competitive Competitive Tools – Audience Overlap Tool, Site Comparisons, Website traffic Statistics, Find Similar Sites, Top Sites.
- 6 Tools for a Complete Marketing Workflow
Along with these spy data, you can find any sites bounce rate, user time, average page surfing by users and other useful info. It is highly important that you submit your site to Alexa website if you want to keep an eye on your site rank and the traffic statics. Without Alexa verification, you cannot see the traffic statics and rank of your blog. So, to achieve this, you must claim and submit your site to Alexa.
Secondly, it enable an advertiser to watch your site rank and the traffic statics. In case, if someone wants to advertise on your blog, it is possible he/she will check Alexa for more details and information of your blog.
How to Submit Website/Blog in Alexa 2018
Now Let’s start Alexa website submission steps:
- Go to Alexa website.
- Sign up for registering a new account, if you’ve already registered, go straight to sign in to your account. You can also sign in with your Facebook account.
- Once signed in, Go to “View Plans & Pricing”
- There are many monthly payment based premium packages offered, but I would advice you go for the free option. Click on Claim a Site with a free account.
- Enter your blog address that you want to submit and verify in Alexa. For example; “www.lightupinfo.com”.
- Press Continue button after entering site address, There are three ways to verify your website in Alexa. As a free member, you can verify your site with first two methods.
First Method: – By uploading Alexa verification file into your web hosting home directory (usually the public_html directory).
With this approach, you need to download Alexa verification file, and then upload it into your web hosting home directory public_html and after uploading completed click on verify button. If you have uploaded the file successfully at the right place, a notification will appear something like “Your site successfully claimed”. It is one of the easiest ways to claim your WordPress website. If you are using WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin in your WordPress blog, then on the dashboard of this plugin there is an option for Alexa verification, just insert verification code there your site will claims.
(Note: You cannot use this method to claim Blogger blog because there is no way to upload the verification file in home directory)
Second Method: – This method can be utilized for both Blogger and WordPress powered blogs. Just add Alexa code anywhere within the <head> tag in the HTML of website home page. If you want to claim your blogger blog, then go to your BlogSpot blog dashboard click on Template>Edit HTML and search for these tags “<head> or </head>” and paste verification code anywhere within these tags. For example;
<meta name=”alexaVerifyID” content=”XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”/>
You can confirm your website or blog verified in Alexa or by going to your account dashboard.
Now your site is successfully submitted and verified in Alexa.
It’s an optional step but providing basic information about your business or site is better rather than leaving it blank. Enter basic information about your blog as shown in below image. Fill all the fields as per requirement and then press “Save Changes”.
As you can see submission and verification procedure of site is not a tough job, you just need to know the little awareness of technical knowledge and FTP software usage. Anyone can do it easily without facing any issue. I tried my best to show you “How to Submit Website/Blog in Alexa 2018“. But if you are facing difficulties then do not hesitate to write in comments.
[Note: Claiming has been retired – You cannot claim your site in Alexa anymore.]
- Top Best 6 Information Blogs in Nigeria
- How to get quick Google Adsense Approval in 3 days 2018
- Top 11 Richest Professional Bloggers of the World
- 101+ List of Blogging Tools For 2018 (+ Expert Tips)
- What is Off Page Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?: Importance and Benefits to Bloggers
- Step by step Procedure to Signup for Godaddy Affiliate Program and Start Making Money
- TRICK: How To Increase Google AdSense Earnings in 2018
- Best Top 10 Search Engines In The World Today