Disney has announced that Beyonce Knowles will be joining the cast of its remake of ‘Lion King’.
The singer was unveiled as one of the all-star cast members via the company’s Twitter page on Wednesday.
The new mother of twins would be joining the likes of Chiwetel Ejiofor and Donald Glover to star in the live-action version of the animated film.
Also in the cast is James Earl Jones, who is reprising his role of Mufasa from the 1994 film.
Beyonce will be playing the character of Nala, a lion who is the love interest of the film’s protagonist, Simba.
According to Disney, the Jon Favreau-directed film will be a “new take” on the classic story of the lions of Pride Rock and will feature “pioneering filmmaking techniques”.
The ‘Lion King’ joins ‘Cinderella’, ‘The Jungle Book’ (also directed by Favreau), and ‘Beauty and the Beast’ in the series of live-action reboots of Disney animated classics.
The animated classic made $968 million at the global box office, spawning a successful and long-running Broadway show.
The movie is set for release on July 19, 2019.
- List of Countries with the Largest Film Industries In The World
- Netflix Alternatives to watch/Stream Videos Online
- How to Register and Apply for Big Brother Naija Audition 2018/2019
- John Cena and Nikki Bella Step Out Together for First Time in 4 Weeks After Calling Off Wedding
- The man behind ‘Man’s Not Hot’, Big Shaq | Biography & History
- Top 10 Music Blogs in Nigeria
- Easy Ways to Make DSTV Payment Online in Nigeria
- How I got ex-President Obasanjo to act in my movie – Sam Ajibola