In 2013, there were only 300 Nigerian hotels listed online. Mark Essien, CEO of Hotels.ng, viewed an opportunity in establishing an African focused OTA to give hotels in most obscure areas visibility and to assist consumers find a place to lodge in all the cities across Africa.
By 2017, Hotels.ng has raised over $1.5M in venture capital to list over 10,000 hotels across 320 cities in Nigeria with pictures and reviews. It has also added over 5,000 places of interest in Nigeria to its site. It has acquired a stake in event booking website, OgaVenue, and importantly – became profitable in 2017.
Now, the company intends on exporting its cost effective business model and operational efficiency in marketing, customer support and finance in Nigeria to take over Africa on both hotel bookings and flights by launching Hotel.africa and Fly.africa.
Hotel.africa is the company’s Africa focused brand which has over 25,000 properties listed across many cities in Africa. Fly.africa is focused on flights within and outside the continent. The company has partnered with local hotels and airlines across Africa to move its growth across the region.
The company’s goal in Africa is to make every hotel in Africa available to be booked online, by taking its hotel inventory on hotel.africa from 25,000 to 100,000 within the next 4 years.
- Uber bullish on Africa despite opposition from local taxi firms
- 10 Uses of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain
- List of Online Advertisement Platforms For Online Business
- List of Top 10 Bitcoin Exchanger 2018/2019
- List of Online Shopping Sites in Nigeria
- Ways to Start Small Businesses With Little Capital: 34 Business Ideas
- Court dismisses suit seeking revocation of MTN’s licence, N1.04trn fine
- Sell Your Photos Online: Earn $100+ per photograph