This post will educate you on some basic facts about NOUN (TMA) Student Portal: National Open University of Nigeria. Recently we received some requests from nounites and non-nounites to write on NOUN and the full meaning of TMA.
NOUN means National Open University of Nigeria, while
TMA means Tutor-Marked Assignment : Tutor Marked Assignments (TMA) is a system that helps in developing continuous study habits in students and giving students practice in providing answers to queries/questions thereby allowing students have intense preparation against their final examination.
NOUN (TMA) student portal is a virtual means of having access into the school, making the students get handy information prepared by the school to students who have successfully completed their registration and have been verified as bona fide members of the institution.
Gaining access into NOUN student’s portal leaves you with access to all the school categories.
List of NOUN Student’s Portal Categories;
- Tuition Fee verification.
- Course registration.
- Course list.
- Downloads of relevant course materials.
- Portal Clearance.
The reason for the just introduced NOUN iLearn is make sure everyone has access to education irrespective of distance, social status and profile. iLearn was introduced to basically enhance learning experience among students.
The NOUN Student Portal has been created to ease access to excellent quality education. The platform provides amongst many, the following:
- Collaboration and Networking tools to help in community of interaction among verified students, faculty members, academic staff, and facilitators.
- Online discussions classes organized by NOUN facilitators thereby creating a virtual classroom environment.
- Facility for students to get answers to any questions or areas of difficulty pertaining to their course of study.
- Digitized lecture video and audio materials, the Smart e-Book, are advanced learning extras, set for an enhanced student’ learning experience and made available on the platform.
- Access to assignments, quizzes and self-study assessment tools.
How to Login to NOUN (tma) Student Portal
To login to the student portal, simply go to: http://www.nou.edu.ng/login and follow the directives that come after, which normally comes with three options – “Edu Portal”, “iLearn”, “TMA”.
Click on “Edu Portal” and it will load the main log in page where you’ll be requested to input your registration details. The page has the header – NOUN User Login. Fill in your Username, which is your surname or the name you used as in your Edu Portal registration. You may optionally fill in your Matriculation number.
Fill in your Password and click on the “Log In” button.
Use the comment box below if you have any issue or need any help regarding this post.