Here is a breakdown of how much Romelu Lakuku earns per week at Manchester United 2018. His salary figures comes just after the former Everton player agreed to move to Old Trafford rather than to Chelsea football club.
Romelu Menama Lukaku is a Belgian born professional footballer who plays as a striker for Premier League club Manchester united and also the Belgium national. He signed a deal recently with the Red-devils for a record fee of £75m up front and an additional £15m in player performance plus add-ons. This sums up to a world record £90million deal for the transfer of Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku.
The contract will see Lakaku earn £200,000 per week as his salary playing with Man united. His former football club, Everton will also gain from the deal if the player performs well at his new club.
Meanwhile, reports have suggested that the player who would have signed for Chelsea FC was persuaded by Paul Pogba and Jose Mourinho to sign for United. Prior to this, Chelsea had also lodged a bid to get their former player but United look to have beat the Blues for Lukaku’s signature.
The Premier League champions were unwilling to pay what is thought to be an eight-figure fee, believed to be £12m, to Lukaku’s agent Mino Raiola, which is a key part of the United package. Chelsea have seen their hopes of bringing the coveted striker back to Stamford Bridge dashed by their rivals.
As earlier said, Lukaku’s new salary of £200,000 per week see him among the top earners in Manchester united and also in the English Premier League.
Here is a short statement Manchester United confirmed: ‘MUFC is delighted to announce a fee has been agreed with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku, subject to a medical & personal terms.’
- Top 20 English Premier League Goal scorers 2017
- Official List of All Chelsea Players Salaries 2017/2018
- Any team can beat Manchester City – Pep Guardiola
- David Moyes happy with short-term contract plan at West Ham United
- Highest Paid Nigerian Footballer in Premier League 2018
- List of European Cup/UEFA Champions League Winners From 1955 to Date
- Complete List of All Nigerian Football Clubs
- I nearly joined Real Madrid, Chelsea and Liverpool – Dani Alves