The Ranking system of Nigerian Peace Corps is completely different from what we have in the ranks of the Nigerian army, navy or air force. The Nigerian Peace Corps is totally dependent on donations from local and international donor agencies; grants for specific projects; subventions from governments and private corporations, as such their salary structure is different.
The Nigerian Peace Corp (PCN) bill was of recent passed into law. This was done to enable Peace Corp in Nigeria have their various ranks and to join other paramilitary agencies/forces in Nigeria like the NSCDC, Customs, Immigrations, FRSC e.t.c to have a share of the Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS).
Brief History of Nigerian Peace Corps
The Corps was established by Dr. Dickson A. O Akoh to grow and make strong national creativity, unity, peace, youth development and and re-orientation. To this regard, the Nigerian Peace Corps motto was formed and titled “Discipline and Patriotic Services” which is the basic aim of the corp.
Just like the Nigerian immigration, the highest rank in the Peace Corp is the Commandant-General (CG) followed by six Deputy Commandant General (DCGs) and six Assistant Commandant – General (ACGs). All these various positions and recruitment into the corp must be according to the law and must be drawn from the six geopolitical zones which should reflect the Federal Character principle.
Ranks in The Nigerian Peace Corps
Nigerian peace corps ranks is structured in the same format like other paramilitary agencies in the country. Below are the ranks;
- Commandant-General (CG) – Highest Rank in the Corp
- six Deputy Commandant General (DCGs)
- six Assistant Commandant – General (ACGs).
List of Official Ranks of the Peace Corp of Nigeria
Below is a list of the official ranking structure of the Nigerian Peace Corp from the highest ranks to the lowest ranks;
- COMMANDANT GENERAL “CG” (1 NPC ARM, 2 STAR, 1 EAGLE)
- DEPUTY COMMANDANT GENERAL “DCG” (1 NPC ARM, 1 STAR, 1 EAGLE)
- ASSISTANT COMMANDANT GENERAL “ACG” ( 1 NPC ARM, 1 NPC BAR,1 EAGLE)
- COMMANDANT “CN” (1 NPC ARM, 1 EAGLE)
- DEPUTY COMMANDANT “DCN” (1 NPC ARM, 1 STAR)
- ASSISTANT COMMANDANT “ACN” (1 NPC ARM)
- CHIEF SUPERINTENDENT “CSN” (1 STAR, 1 EAGLE)
- SUPERINTENDENT “SN” (1EAGLE)
- DEPUTY SEPERINTENDENT “DSN” (3 STAR)
- ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT 1 “ASN 1” (2 STAR)
- ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT 2 “ASN 2” (1 STAR)
- INSPECTOR 1 “INSPECTOR 1” ( 3 STRIP METAL BAR)
- INSPECTOR 2 “INSPECTOR 2” (2 STRIP METAL BAR)
- INSPECTOR 3 “INSPECTOR 3” (1 STRIP METAL BAR)
- CORPER ASSISTANT 1 ” CORPER 1″ ( 3 STRIP WOOL BAR)
- CORPER ASSISTANT 2 “CORPER 2” (2 STRIP WOOL BAR)
- CORPER ASSISTANT 3 “CORPER 1” (1 STRIP WOOL BAR)
- PRIVATE CORPER “PRIVATE” (1 EMPTY WOOL BAR) Lowest rank in the Peace Corp
Peace Corps of Nigeria also allows for other membership opportunities to the general public outside the already ranked officers. The membership is an exclusive reserve of Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35. It doesn’t matter your gender, political status, social status, ethnic group, state of origin or religious affiliations.
The membership is divided in 3 categories:
- Permanent Staff Officers
- Peace Corps Volunteer
- Student Membership
- See How Much A Second Lieutenant Is Paid in the Nigerian Army Per Month
- Nigerian Defence Academy Courses, Departments, Requirements & Qualifications
- Nigeria Airforce Recruitment Form 2018/2019 is Out. See Application Guidelines
- Complete List Of Nigerian Military/Command Secondary Schools
- How to Join the U.S. Army Even as a Non Citizen of the United States of America
- EFCC Office Address in Lagos: History and Mission