Below Is The List of the Top 10 Best Medical Apps for Medical Students
This is one medical app that I use and I personally recommend this app for any medical student. Now rated as the fastest growing mobile app, the medscape app come with features as:
Read the latest news available across 30+ specialties, covering FDA announcements, thought leader perspectives, conference news, important journal articles, plus physician business news and tips.
– Drug Information and Tools:
Look up adult and pediatric drug dosing information in seconds, check drug interactions, access medical calculators, and get health plan formulary information to support you with patient care.
– Disease & Condition Information:
Prep for patients by reviewing clinical presentation, workup, and treatment information for 4,400+ diseases and
conditions. Authored and reviewed by physician experts. See more at http://www.medscape.com/public/mobileapp/features
This is another great medical app which is gaining widespread prominence around the medical world today. With Epocrates, you can:
• Review drug prescribing and safety
information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
• Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
• Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
• Access timely medical news and research information
• Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
• Select national and regional health care insurance formularies for drug coverage information
• Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
• New! Coordinate care securely with HIPAA-compliant text messaging.
Download the app from the Google Play store, and access all 2014 issues from the BMJ archive.
-Latest research, “state of the art” and other clinical reviews, practice articles, news, features, analysis, and comment (editorials, personal views, etc)
-Embedded audio, video, and infographics
-Links to related recent content from the bmj.com archive
-Ability to respond to articles
-Ability to bookmark articles, add notes, and search
5. Medicine MCQs for Med School Students
An essential revision aid for your medical exams, containing over 1450 multiple choice questions right at your fingertips. Revise with tips, tricks and explanations in Practice Mode or test yourself against the clock in Exam Mode.
★ Breakdown of results so you can always see
where to improve
★ Check how your medical knowledge ranks
against your friends and worldwide with
Google Play Games
★ Star questions for quick review
★ Unlock achievements
★ Check Reference values for blood tests
★ Beautiful modern design that’s optimized for phones & tablets
★ New questions & categories always being added Currently 100 free questions with 10 in each
category. New FREE questions are always being added. More questions are available at a rate of £0.65 (~$0.98) per 100 questions.
Questions are in single best answer (SBA) format.
Current categories available are*:
– Basic Anatomy
– Cell biology
– Clinical Neurology
– Infectious Diseases
– Lower Limb
– Surface Anatomy
– Thoracic Anatomy
– Upper Limb
°Increase is due to changes in VAT.
*Immunobiology, Infectious Diseases and
Surface Anatomy are not yet complete.
See more at Medicine MCQs
6. Prognosis : Your Diagnosis
Test out your decision making skills in a risk-free environment. Assess your clinical knowledge on the go. Learn about diseases within minutes.
Designed with busy physicians in mind.
Each scenario takes only a few minutes to play, and is accompanied by a comprehensive yet concise discussion of the diagnostic reasoning involved, and the key lessons applicable to day to day practice.
All case scenarios are based on real-life patients, and have been reviewed by our editorial panel of 130+ specialist physicians spanning 30 specialties.
This award winning app is a great way for practicing physicians to develop and maintain their clinical acumen in a risk-free setting.
A new scenario is added weekly, ready to be downloaded onto our list of 150+ clinical cases.
– #1 ranked medical app in the USA
– ‘Dr House for Doctors’ – Discover Magazine
– “One of the five best apps for doctors’
– Best Health App at the World Summit Awards 2012.
– “Worth a download. In a very short time, learned a few new things already.”
– “A fun way to view cases. Great for medical students and also nurses – also great for long time MDs. This is just fun !”
– “As an academic physician this is a great teaching tool.
7. Journal of Biomedical Science
Tap into the most recent developments in all aspects of biomedical science with the Journal of Biomedical Science app. The Journal of Biomedical Science is a peer-reviewed open access journal published by BioMed Central.
This free app provides valuable features including:
– Save and share articles
– Advanced search
– Document details – including abstracts
providing the molecular studies of biomedical problems and molecular mechanisms.
8. Dr Najeeb Lectures
While all medical students generally take the same courses for their education, unfortunately many don’t receive the quality of education they deserve and lack basic foundations. Many students fall for review courses that promise quick results for excellent test scores, but we believe you cannot review what you never knew!
The amount of knowledge needed to practice medicine is extensive. Even if you are somehow able to memorize it all, in the end it’s not valuable if you lack proper foundations. Dr. Najeeb has been teaching medical sciences for over 22 years and has helped thousands of students gain the foundation of medical knowledge they need to perform well on exams as well as in their careers. He believes, “Learning without understanding can be a torture but with clear concepts it becomes fun and pleasure”.
Through his online medical classes, Dr. Najeeb teaches all the basic medical science courses like gross anatomy, embryology, histology, neuroscience, biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, immunology and microbiology.
See more at Dr Najeeb
9. Lange Medical Flash Cards
Optimize your study time with this comprehensive and easy-to-use app. With content derived from McGraw-Hill’s highly respected Lange Flash Card series, the app provides a thorough review of each medical topic available in the app’s downloadable library. The free starter pack includes 10 complimentary flash cards in each topic which are expandable to the complete set through in-app purchase.
Available topics include:
· Junqueira’s High Yield Basic Histology
· Biochemistry and Genetics
· Histology and Cell Biology Review
· Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
· CURRENT Pediatrics
· More titles to come
* Junqueira’s High-Yield Basic Histology Flash Cards are a quick, fun, and fast way for you to review the clinical relevance between histological structure and function. Derived from Junqueira’s Basic Histology, the field’s leading text and atlas. One side of the card includes an image with arrows asking you to
identify specific areas; the flip side provides the answer and includes the medical relevance to the image on the front.
*Lange Biochemistry and Genetics Flash Cards include clinical cases that provide complete, concise coverage of the biochemical and genetic diseases tested on the USMLE Step 1 and in basic science courses. With a strong focus on the clinical aspects of biochemical and genetic disease, the flash cards emphasize board relevant coverage making it easy to compare and contrast diseases. Each disease-specific card includes a clinical vignette with important disease facts highlighted for rapid review.
See more at Lange Medical Flash Cards
10. Medical Question Bank
SmarTeach Medical Question Bank App is a Fast, Fun and Easy way to access the online content of more than 1,00,000 Medical PG Questions. Choose from the massive collection of questions, which have been
collected over 3 decades which covers all the Medical PG Entrance Exams.
SmarTeach QBank includes MCQs from Anesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Cardiology, Dermatology, ENT Diseases, Forensic Medicine, Gynecology, Medicine, Microbiology, Neurology, Obstetrics, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physical Medicine, Physiology, Preventive & Social Medicine, Psychiatry, Radiology, Radiotherapy, Surgery, TB & Chest Diseases and Venereology.
APP FEATURE SET
Here is what you’ll love about the SmarTeach Medical Question Bank App
· One Account across Multiple Devices
· Learn when you can and from wherever you may be.
· Get equipped with over 1,00,000 Multiple Choice Questions in your pocket
· Instant Evaluation & Results
· Explanatory Answers
· Textbook Study Guide pattern of Categorization of Each Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
· Detailed Performance Reports*
· Works offline after the logging in
· Bookmark Questions for revision purposes
See more at Medical Question Bank
- Salary Structure of Medical Doctors in Nigeria: See How Much Medical Doctors Earn monthly
- Salaries of Pharmacists, Nurses and Other Medical Professionals in Nigeria
- How To Renew License to Nursing And Midwifery Council Of Nigeria
- Cost of Breast Reduction Surgery in Nigeria
- List of Fruits and Vegetables to increase immunity.
- Cost of Liposuction in Nigeria
- Gombe records 15 deaths from measles in 2017 – official
- Nurse kills 100 patients, gets life imprisonment
If you find this post helpful and wish to receive updates on this specific post when it’s published, please do well to subscribe to our Email Newsletter and Push Notification to qualify you to receive updates. Let us know your view on this post by dropping your comment in the comment box below.